Luxury Rehab for Prescription Drug Addiction
Prescription Drug Addiction Amongst Celebrities and High Net Worth Individuals
Recently, there has been an uptick in the number of prescription drug addiction cases among celebrities and high net worth individuals. Whether that may be stimulants to help with work and partying longer, or opioid painkillers to escape the pressure. Prescription drug abuse has become a significant problem in the U.S. and we have lost many celebrities recently to prescription drug abuse, including Prince, Michael Jackson, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Heath Ledger. The rich and famous can suffer from the same emotional and physical pains and are not immune to drug addiction.
The Most Abused Prescription Drugs
The most common ones to cause a prescription drug addiction are:
- Vicodin: the most popular drug in its class is designed to treat moderate to severe pain.
- OxyContin: another painkiller without analgesic.
- Fentanyl: this one is used only in cases of very severe pain that have not responded to other medications, like OxyContin.
- Morphine: another painkiller but with a very short half life (1.5 to 7 hours) which causes users to binge on it to keep the high going.
- Adderall: amphetamine is the active ingredient in Adderall and usually is used for treating ADHD. But for those without ADHD, they see it as a “cognitive enhancer” and might buy and/or abuse the drug.
- Ritalin: another amphetamine used to treat ADHD and has a high abuse potential.
- Valium: a depressant used to treat anxiety; Valium can hit the user’s brain in minutes.
- Xanax: another benzodiazepine, like Valium, used to treat panic disorders. It is very fast acting which is why it is so useful for a panic attack. It is also 10 times more powerful than Valium
Signs of Prescription Drug Abuse and Addiction
Dependence and addiction to drugs happen when the brain becomes so used to the drug being in the system, that it cannot properly function without it. The person may feel a chemical need for the drug and continues to use it even when they want to stop. Some signs include:
- Tolerance: needing to take more of the drug to feel its effects
- Loss of control: they cannot control how much or how often they use
- Continued use despite negative consequences
- Unable to stop using
- Intense focus: nothing is more important than the drug
- Withdrawals when they stop using
What is Luxury Rehab for Prescription Drug Addiction Like?
Every luxury rehab facility is different, but you can expect private, comfortable rooms, meals prepared by a chef, an upscale facility, private therapy, and certain benefits like a fitness studio, pools, and massage therapy. Beautiful views of the ocean, a lake, or mountains are also quite common in a luxury rehab. A growing trend among luxury facilities is animal-assisted therapy such as equine-assisted therapy or dolphin-assisted therapy.
Amenities Offered in Luxury Rehab
Luxury rehab is resort-style rehabilitation centers that go beyond their clients’ needs with the quality of service and amenities. You can expect the atmosphere to be like the one you would encounter while on vacation or at a spa. Every facility is different but can include a wide range of amenities including:
- Private rooms
- Horseback riding
- Nutritional counseling
- Maid services
- Round the clock security
- Mediation and deep breathing classes
- Gourmet meals
- Fitness programs
The main goal is to make sure clients feel pampered and at home while they heal. They offer a combination of premium amenities along with evidence-based treatment methods, like psychotherapy and group therapy. Luxury rehab may also offer to detox while supported by a team of highly skilled professionals.
Luxury Rehab for Prescription Drug Addictionhttps://t.co/JxeNMEdR6z— Exclusive Hawaii Rehab (@hawaii_rehab) February 1, 2022
Are Luxury Rehabs Effective?
Just as with any other rehab facility, effectiveness depends on whether it is the right fit for you. Luxury rehabs are just as effective and offer the same evidence-based therapies that are tailored to every individual. Luxury rehabs can be much more comfortable and offer top-of-the-line care, which can increase the likelihood of completing a program. They can also offer more individualized care to give each client around-the-clock support.
Benefits of Luxury Rehab for Prescription Drug Addiction
There are many benefits to luxury rehab that go beyond just the high-end amenities. They can offer more personalized care because they can be smaller allowing for more one-on-one time with staff, they offer more comfort such as private rooms, and may have more flexible programs. They also offer various treatment options that can go beyond the standard talk therapy, like holistic therapies that heal addiction at the body, mind, and spirit level.
Exclusive Hawaii Rehab is a luxury rehab program and prescription drug rehab that aims to find the root of your addiction in order to heal and support you in long-term sobriety. We offer five-star amenities and accommodations to ensure every client feels at home and can solely focus on their recovery while surrounded by Hawaii’s beautiful tropical landscape.
Experience True Healing
Our deeply-caring staff and the surrounding natural beauty offer an unparalleled healing experience.