Experience True Healing Luxury, Non-12 Step, Holistic Treatment
Our private grounds, luxury setting, and holistic approach to treatment help you to relax, rediscover your authentic self and heal the root causes of addiction.
- Individualized Treatment
- Private, 8-Bed Residential Program
- Safe, Medically-Supervised Detox
- Located on the Beautiful Big Island of Hawaii
- Insurance Accepted
Real deep level effectiveness, excellent caring staff, unique and life changing program. This program is different than anything else out there. It really helped us address the deepest underlying issues to make permanent changes in our lives.
We researched many treatment centers and thanks to you, I’m so glad that we selected Exclusive Hawaii Rehab for my wife’s alcohol addiction. The 30 days at your facility for her was incredible!
She absolutely loved the staff and the facility. They really took good care of her. I was apprehensive when she first went there but talking with her and hearing how good she was being treated and sounded gave me relief.
She has now been alcohol free for two months ~ 30 days at the center and 30 days back home. She is doing incredibly well. She’s back to being her normal, happy, positive self again.
Thank you Exclusive Hawaii Rehab!
The Exclusive excels at customized experiential therapeutic work, which focuses on the underlying issues of the substance abuse. The center is like a loving family; all the staff care deeply about their work.
Beautiful, serene property and cozy home. Every meal is made to order, with love and is so amazing. The staff are the most committed, loving, kind, people who are doing what they were born for.
These folks are the best in their field, and the facilities are incredible.
Tour The Luxurious Grounds
We believe that immersion in the natural world can be a spiritual and transformative experience. Connect with the abundance of nature found in Hawaii. There may be other options for a ‘holistic rehab near me’ that appear during your search. None can offer the elegance and bespoke client-centered programs of Exclusive Hawaii and its holistic by the sea rehab setting.
- Bulimia Treatment & Rehab in O’ahu
- Why Choose Exclusive Hawaii Rehab - O’ahu for Residential Bulimia & Eating Disorders
- How Long is Rehab?
- Why Choose Residential Rehab for Treating Bulimia?
- Benefits of Residential Bulimia Treatment
- Top Notch Medical Care at The Exclusive O’ahu
- Symptoms of Bulimia
- How We Address the Underlying Issues of Bulimia & Eating Disorders
- Bulimia Treatment Methods
- Discreet Residential Bulimia Rehab Center in O’ahu
- Exclusive & Secure Residential Bulimia Treatment in O’ahu
Bulimia Treatment & Rehab in O’ahu
Bulimia is an eating disorder that can have severe health consequences if not taken seriously, characterized by episodes of binge eating, in which a person with bulimia will eat a large amount of food without being able to control the amount or be able to stop, followed by a compensatory behavior to rid themselves of the calories they have just consumed. These behaviors include purging (self-induced vomiting, taking diuretics, enemas, weight-loss-supplements, or laxatives), and non-purging behaviors like fasting between binges, beginning a strict diet, or exercising excessively to avoid weight gain. The severity of a person’s bulimia is usually determined by how often these compensatory behaviors occur.
Bulimia occurs when a person has unexamined underlying issues that cause unusual relationships with food and body image. Most people with bulimia display harsh self-judgment and have a negative self-image and will have a preoccupation with their weight and body shape. Although everybody is unique, a major commonality for people with bulimia is their complex relationship with food.
Triggers that may lead to an eating disorder include:
- Negative body image is formed by early beliefs about weight eating and body shape at a young age
- Growing up with family members who were overly concerned about looks
- Being forced to “clean your plate” growing up, not learning to self-regulate when it comes to food
- Growing up with limited access to food and feeling drove to eat because of fears of scarcity
- Being involved in activities, a career or hobby like dancing, modeling, swimming, or wrestling, where you are expected to look a certain way or weigh a specific amount
- Childhood weight problems and obesity, not learning about proper nutrition
- Having a history of dieting behavior and engaging in diet culture
- Having core beliefs that equate appearance with your value as a person
- A history of sexual trauma or other trauma
- Growing up in a home where food was the only thing you could control
- Underlying Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, anxiety or depression
It is important to get help if you cannot stop bulimic behaviors, because, although people with this disease appear to be of average weight and health, it can cause irreversible damage to the body over time and become life-threatening. Common complications that occur alongside bulimia may include:
- Long-term problems with digestion, IBS,
- Swollen parotid glands (salivary glands)
- Cardiomyopathy, coronary heart disease
- Issues with bone density, osteoporosis, or osteopenia
- Gun disease, and severe tooth decay
- Chronic acid reflux, sore and irritated throat that can lead to esophageal cancer
- Problems with social functioning and relationships due to negative self-esteem
- Fertility issues and irregular menstrual cycles
- Severe dehydration may lead to kidney problems
- Electrolyte imbalance that can cause muscle cramps and weakness
- Edema and bloating
- Increased suicidal ideation, and other mental health disorders that may lead to self-harm
To get help with bulimia, contact Exclusive Hawaii Rehab. We are the best bulimia treatment center because we customize each of our Exclusive Hawaii Rehabs’ treatments to best suit their needs and health issues. We have integrated programs that combine medical, psychological, and holistic treatments, all provided within a secure, luxurious, and private location.
Exclusive Hawaii Rehab is an eight-bed, luxury wellness retreat located on a large private estate that is licensed to treat eating disorders. We emphasize the restructuring of core beliefs, creating a healing balance between the mind-body and soul, and helping you to reconnect with nature through our multifaceted healing and wellness programs. You will have professional medical oversight as you work on finding the root causes of your self-destructive behaviors and negative thoughts, and we will help you with these underlying issues so you can heal, moving on with your life in a positive and healthy way.
Staying at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab inpatient rehab is beneficial to our patients who are suffering from bulimia because:
- We allow you to use your own personal electronic devices like your cell phone or laptop so you can remain in contact with home, work, or school, and we will work with you to use your continued connection as hands-on practice for skills dealing with stress and pressure through experiential engagement treatments
- Our medical team is top-notch, providing a high level of support to help you with the visible and invisible health problems that bingeing and purging may have caused to your body over time
- Our onsite nutritionist can work with you so you can learn the truth about your body and how it interacts with food, vitamins, and supplements, so you can gain an understanding of what you do and do not need
- The change in scenery is good for the disruption of old habits. At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab, we provide a new and supportive environment where you can focus on your own health without stress or judgment from others
- Everything in our programs is custom designed so you will feel as comfortable as possible. We provide a healing and relaxing environment in which you can truly be yourself without fear. We are here to support you and will not make you feel ashamed or embarrassed. Everything is customized to your needs to support your physical, mental, and spiritual health.
At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab, we do not see you as “a bulimic”, you are a valued and intelligent person who deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. We will not demean you by forcing you to ask for a key to the bathroom or by telling you what you can or cannot eat. There is no humiliation or punishment at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab.
Our treatments do not focus on bulimia at all, in fact. We are more concerned with your underlying issues that are leading to this behavior. Bulimia is only a symptom of what is underneath, and through collaboration with you, we will help you learn healthy, practical coping mechanisms that you can use long after your time in rehab is over. You will heal your mind, body, and spirit through our integrated, tailored program.
Why Choose Exclusive Hawaii Rehab - O’ahu for Residential Bulimia & Eating Disorders
At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab, we are not a 12-step program, nor do we push certain dogmatic ideals on you. Your treatment will be handled on your own terms, and completely customized to your specific needs and preferences. Our exclusive programs can provide you with:
- A good balance between your physical, mental and spiritual health
- Help to deal with past trauma, pain, and your inner criticism
- State of the art treatments methodologies, like Core Belief Restructuring (CBR), Mindful Inquiry, Emotional Intelligence, Emotional Freedom Techniques, and Art Therapy
- Life-long skills and recovery tools like self-awareness and self-acceptance
- Expert advice about nutrition, and real, science-based knowledge about your body and health, without being over didactic. Our experts can answer any questions you may have but will not lecture you.
- A renewed connection with nature, through our incredible adventure excursions and nature therapy sessions. You will spend time on the lush, green grounds of our facility, and travel to beautiful Hawaiian locations for activities like relaxing and swimming at the beach, surf and dolphin therapy in the water, visiting world-renowned botanical gardens, hiking an active volcano, ziplining, and attending equine therapy
- Dual diagnosis therapy options that will help with your co-occurring underlying mental health conditions like PTSD, ADHD, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, mood disorders, and other conditions
- Holistic care with treatments like nutritional therapy, supplements to balance the body’s nutrients, yoga classes, mindfulness techniques, conscious breathing techniques, meditation, and massage therapy
- Top-level care from experts in their fields. We have experts in holistic treatments, psychiatric health, and medical care. We have a naturopathic doctor who can even do bloodwork to find deficiencies that can be remedied through IV therapy, diet, and nutritional supplements. Our experts will take care of the health of your body and provide some of the best evidence-based and holistic care in the country.
With Exclusive Hawaii Rehab’s integrated care programs, you will dig deep, using your own wisdom about your body, health, and mind to find what is important to you and improve your relationship with food, body image, and self-esteem, healing the underlying pain that is the cause of it all.
How Long is Rehab?
Through years of experience, at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab, we have learned that the minimum time it takes to break a habit and create new ones is 28 days, so our minimum program length is one month, with longer options of 60 and 90 days available. The longer you stay in inpatient rehab with us, the less likely your chance of relapsing is, and some people may have a co-occurring condition or a history of relapsing that would make a longer stay a good idea.
Although bulimia is a complex and nuanced issue, with many different causes, we believe that even a 30-day minimum stay can help you gain a new perspective on life, address your mental health issues, change the way you think about yourself and help you reevaluate your core beliefs and thought processes as your physical body regains health. Our professional team can help you overcome your eating disorder while keeping you safe and healthy in a 30–90-day luxury wellness program.
Why Choose Residential Rehab for Treating Bulimia?
At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab, our residential rehab programs give you the time and space to do a complete overhaul on your deep-down beliefs and underlying processes. The combination of medical, psychological, and dietetic treatments is consistently provided each day to reinforce your new mindset, changing your core self into a happier and healthier version of you. You will have time to regain your sense of self away from the prying eyes of those who may judge you so you can recover, improving your relationship with body image, self-control, and eating. Most importantly, you will have the supportive environment you need to heal your underlying pain and trauma.
Benefits of Residential Bulimia Treatment
When you are treating bulimia, the environment plays a huge part in your success. You will be in a healthy, supportive atmosphere away from stress, triggers, and constant advertisement and negative messaging from friends and loved ones. Counterproductive thoughts and beliefs about weight loss/gain, food, and exercise will be torn down and examined, and we will remove the years of programming you have been fed, so you can build a new, more grounded, and centered version of yourself from the core of your being. Some of the proprietary methodologies we employ at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab include:
- Experiential Engagement Therapy: you will experience real-life feelings of stress, pain, or relive traumatic incidents to cause your body to produce fight-or-flight sensations, and then with the help of a therapist you will learn to live with the discomfort and move past it using mindfulness and other techniques. This is especially helpful as you are bound to encounter pressure and stress when you leave our facility, and practicing getting past the physical feelings of panic or losing control will reinforce your mind-body connection so you can react in a more measured way.
- Mindful Inquiry Techniques: you will thoughtfully challenge your own beliefs about what is true through questioning yourself with professional guidance. You will learn to think critically about your motivations and thoughts, and whether they are good for your health and well-being. Anxiety and other underlying mental illness can cause you to think and react irrationally, and mindful inquiry is an excellent way to deal with these issues in the real world.
- Core Belief Restructuring: through mindful inquiry and other therapist-led techniques, you will make positive, productive, core-level changes to your deep-down beliefs and way of thinking that will last a lifetime
All of these therapies will help you to mindfully confront the disordered eating triggers that come from outside yourself, as you will have the tools to evaluate your feelings and the sources of the message and evaluate whether they work with your true, deep-down beliefs.
Top Notch Medical Care at The Exclusive O’ahu
Exclusive Hawaii Rehab has top-notch medical care and has earned a substance abuse and mental health accreditation from CARF (the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities), and the eating disorder program has earned its own, separate CAF certification.
Our diet, nutrition, and wellness programs are known for their long-term effectiveness, and our medical practitioners can help you deal with the physical issues that happen when a person binges and purges repeatedly, and our nutritionist can teach you everything you want to know about food, nutrition, and the supplements and vitamins your body needs.
The customized treatment programs for people suffering from bulimia at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab not only integrate diet, healthcare, therapy, and physical activity but also include a large holistic care component. We can help you regain the balance you need between your physical, mental, and spiritual self to truly begin to heal and grow.
Mental health issues are treated in a dual diagnosis program, getting to the root of your eating disorder by addressing underlying OCD, PTSD, depression, anxiety, and other co-occurring conditions as you gain new coping tools that will last you a lifetime through therapy and counseling sessions. Bulimia is not a permanent state of mind, no matter how difficult it may feel right now. With the proper support, customized care, skills, and healthcare treatments, you can learn to change your patterns and take back control over your life.
Your relationship with food is not the true issue if you have bulimia. There are underlying factors, such as beliefs about your value as a person being determined by your weight or body shape, or other peoples’ opinions about you. Eating is not “good” nor is it “bad”, and at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab, we can help you with your internal, deep-seated beliefs, your self-criticism, and your negative self-opinions.
At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab, we employ trauma-informed methodologies to help you feel safe and let go of your anxieties and stress as you work on yourself in our care. Through constant open communication and collaboration, we will use transparent decision-making and informed consent to ensure you are in control every step of the way. You are an intelligent person who just needs proper guidance and support, and we aim to earn your trust and empower you so you can let your guards down and truly explore your inner self, finding the answers that are already within you. We will always listen to your concerns and answer your questions, and we recognize and address signs of trauma so that there is no re-traumatization while you are in our care. By being able to trust us and relax, you will be able to get to the root of your issues and stop your eating disorder for good.
Experience True Healing
Our deeply-caring staff and the surrounding natural beauty offer an unparalleled healing experience.
Symptoms of Bulimia
The most common physical symptoms of bulimia include:
- Weight fluctuations
- Severe dehydration or an electrolyte imbalance from purging
- Puffy cheeks and looking bloated from fluid retention
- Internal issues like acid reflux, intestinal distress, and other gastrointestinal issues
- Inflamed, sore throat, and swollen salivary glands
- Bright red eyes due to blood vessels bursting
- Scars on hands/knuckles from self-induced vomiting
- Worn tooth enamel and tooth issues because of stomach acid
Common behavioral symptoms of bulimia include:
- Repeated episodes where you eat a lot of food at one time, with the inability to stop eating, losing control as you are eating
- Recurrent purging behaviors like vomiting, using enemas and laxatives after bingeing to lose the consumed calories, including excessive herbal dietary supplement use for weight loss
- Spending hours a day exercising
- Eating in secret, hiding while you eat, eating late at night, not wanting to eat in public or in front of others
- Expressing shame or guilt around eating
- Living in fear of gaining weight, preoccupation with your weight and/or body shape, constantly worrying about “being fat”
- Fasting or otherwise restricting calories, avoiding specific foods before and after binges
- Having a distorted or excessively negative body image, with unrealistic hyper-focus on obtaining a goal weight or body shape
How We Address the Underlying Issues of Bulimia & Eating Disorders
Bulimia and other eating disorders are controlled by deeper level issues that are found in your subconscious and your nervous system, taking shape as anxiety and self-destructive beliefs. At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab, we treat underlying issues using therapies and treatments such as:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Core Belief Restructuring (CBR)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Experiential Engagement Therapy (EET)
- Exercise Therapy and Nature Therapy
- Nutritional therapy
We also employ acupuncture and other bodywork like massage therapy, craniosacral therapy, yoga classes, meditation and breathing exercises, and reiki.
Bulimia Treatment Methods
At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab, our methods to treat bulimia are varied and include an integrated and customized plan filled with evidence-based therapy, holistic treatments, and medical oversight. We collaborate with you, rather than ordering you to follow certain steps or punishing your behavior. There is no bullying or coercion. Nobody knows your own body, health, and triggers better than you do, and so we honor your thoughts and intelligence. Some of the treatments we use at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab include:
- Experiential Engagement Therapy
- Music therapy
- Massage therapy
- Equine (horse) therapy
- Outdoor therapy
- Nature excursions
Our multidisciplinary team of experts will not just teach you the practical skills you need specifically to help with your bulimia. You will also gain a new perspective on life as a whole, connecting with nature and having the time to reflect upon your past, present, and what you want to make of the future. You will use creative self-expression, physical activity, and your own internal wisdom to release anxiety and find yourself as you heal and learn hands-on methods to deal with negative emotions and triggers.
Discreet Residential Bulimia Rehab Center in O’ahu
Discretion is key for many of our Exclusive Hawaii Rehabs due to their high-profile jobs or lifestyle. Because of the tall grass, walled perimeter, and many palm trees on the grounds, our facility cannot be seen from the road. Although we permit cell phones and laptops, anything with a camera or any type of recording device is prohibited in public spaces or in any group therapy sessions. Your reputation and safety are paramount, and our staff and security are all hand-selected and trained for exceptional practices indiscretion. We are committed to protecting your confidentiality and protection while you stay with us.
Exclusive & Secure Residential Bulimia Treatment in O’ahu
As most of our clients are celebrities, executives, and high-net-worth individuals, at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab we recognize the importance of our Exclusive Hawaii Rehabs’ privacy and security. We have 24-hours security guards, along with cameras to ensure each of our guests is guaranteed discretion and freedom from all external disturbances so you can truly relax as you heal with us.
Our exclusive treatment center includes:
- Beautiful grounds with palm trees, ocean views, and views of an inactive volcano
- Shared or private rooms with a private lanai, a writing desk, a canopy bed, and huge windows to let the sunlight in
- Whole, non-GMO, organic, and locally sourced food prepared by gourmet chefs
- A wide selection of holistic and wellness treatments
- Nature therapy excursions that include dolphin and surf therapy, world-renowned botanical garden visits, snorkeling and swimming in pristine ocean waters, and hiking an active volcano
- Flexibility in our schedule for our executive guests, so you can work, attend meetings and take phone calls when you need to, allowing you to remain working as you go through treatment
With all our customized, integrated holistic treatments, our incredible amenities, our top-level medical and psychiatric care, and our CARF-certified programs for eating disorder treatment, you can count on Exclusive Hawaii Rehab to provide you with a first-rate experience as you are treated for bulimia. Contact us today to learn more about our wellness center for eating disorders, dual diagnosis treatments in Hawaii, and our aftercare programs. We are here to help you heal your mind, body, and spirit.
Experience True Healing
Our deeply-caring staff and the surrounding natural beauty offer an unparalleled healing experience.