Experience True Healing Luxury, Non-12 Step, Holistic Treatment
Our private grounds, luxury setting, and holistic approach to treatment help you to relax, rediscover your authentic self and heal the root causes of addiction.
- Individualized Treatment
- Private, 8-Bed Residential Program
- Safe, Medically-Supervised Detox
- Located on the Beautiful Big Island of Hawaii
- Insurance Accepted
Real deep level effectiveness, excellent caring staff, unique and life changing program. This program is different than anything else out there. It really helped us address the deepest underlying issues to make permanent changes in our lives.
We researched many treatment centers and thanks to you, I’m so glad that we selected Exclusive Hawaii Rehab for my wife’s alcohol addiction. The 30 days at your facility for her was incredible!
She absolutely loved the staff and the facility. They really took good care of her. I was apprehensive when she first went there but talking with her and hearing how good she was being treated and sounded gave me relief.
She has now been alcohol free for two months ~ 30 days at the center and 30 days back home. She is doing incredibly well. She’s back to being her normal, happy, positive self again.
Thank you Exclusive Hawaii Rehab!
The Exclusive excels at customized experiential therapeutic work, which focuses on the underlying issues of the substance abuse. The center is like a loving family; all the staff care deeply about their work.
Beautiful, serene property and cozy home. Every meal is made to order, with love and is so amazing. The staff are the most committed, loving, kind, people who are doing what they were born for.
These folks are the best in their field, and the facilities are incredible.
Tour The Luxurious Grounds
We believe that immersion in the natural world can be a spiritual and transformative experience. Connect with the abundance of nature found in Hawaii. There may be other options for a ‘holistic rehab near me’ that appear during your search. None can offer the elegance and bespoke client-centered programs of Exclusive Hawaii and its holistic by the sea rehab setting.
- Why Choose Exclusive Hawaii Rehab for Residential Bulimia & Eating Disorders – Maui
- How Long is Rehab?
- Why Choose Residential Rehab for Treating Bulimia
- Benefits of Residential Bulimia Treatment
- Top Notch Medical Care at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab – Maui
- Symptoms of Bulimia
- How We Address Underlying Issues of Bulimia and Eating Disorders
- Bulimia Treatment Methods
- Discreet Residential Bulimia Rehab Center – Maui
- Exclusive and Secure Residential Bulimia Treatment – Maui
Why Choose Exclusive Hawaii Rehab for Residential Bulimia & Eating Disorders – Maui
Exclusive Hawaii Rehab is a non-twelve-step, eight-bed rehab center. Our calm and beautiful atmosphere has extra security measures, as many of our clients are high net worth individuals and celebrities. We will ensure that your privacy during treatment is maintained and that you feel safe and at home in all aspects of your stay with us.
Some of the reasons you should consider Exclusive Hawaii Rehab for treatment for bulimia include:
- Our on-site nutritionist can give you the facts about food, nutrition and vitamins, and how your body interacts with them
- Our high level of medical support is available to help treat the health issues that bingeing and purging can cause over time
- We understand that bulimia is a complex issue that is caused by underlying trauma and pain and that it is not a matter of “losing control” around food
- We allow cell phones and laptops so you can stay connected with loved ones and with work or school
- We provide a safe and secure environment, where you will be away from the judgment of others and the stress and pressure of your life, so you can focus on yourself and your healing
- The facility, treatments, and programs are all designed to help you, but without any condescending or dogmatic lectures and rules. We recognize you are an intelligent human being, and we will help you to engage your own wisdom to find answers within yourself, not tell you what to do
- The environment is peaceful and safe, and our team will help you deal with stress in real-time, using real-life experiences to practice your response to triggers so you will be prepared with practical coping mechanisms for what to do once you leave our treatment center
- We use cooperation and collaboration, working together to help you to address your underlying issues that caused your eating disorder, rather than trying to punish or humiliate you to get you to stop the behavior
- We can help you change the way you have been “programmed to think”, by providing a new perspective on your core values and helping you deal with inner criticism, pain, and trauma
- We provide dual diagnosis therapy to help you with any underlying mental illnesses, like PTSD, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, or other conditions, that may be co-occurring alongside your eating disorder
- Our nature therapy and outdoor excursions can help you forge a new connection with nature, providing a new perspective on life
Although bulimia is a complex issue with many causes, including underlying trauma and pain, coming to Exclusive Hawaii for treatment for your eating disorder can help you heal, grow and address your underlying conditions, creating long-term success in recovery.
How Long is Rehab?
At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab, our bulimia treatment programs run in thirty-day increments, with a minimum stay of thirty days. Through many years of experience, we have learned that it takes at least this amount of time to create a profound change to your mindset, treat mental health issues and trauma, and address your beliefs, all of these processes that are necessary to truly be able to recover from bulimia. For some, it may take more time, and so we have sixty- and ninety-day programs available as well. The longer you spend at our facility, the less likely it is that you will relapse.
Why Choose Residential Rehab for Treating Bulimia
Residential rehab for bulimia treatment can be much more effective than treating it through an outpatient program because you will have a full thirty to ninety days away from the people, places, and external voices that can trigger a relapse. Our peaceful and healing environment, along with the naturopathic healing, balanced diet, medical care, and holistic treatments you will receive every day are a combination that will improve your entire well-being. Together, we can empower you to make inner changes that will affect your entire life and heal your underlying pain.
Benefits of Residential Bulimia Treatment
At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab clinic, we believe that environment is everything when dealing with bulimia, especially in the first thirty days. Staying with us in our residential wellness clinic will ensure you are not receiving unhelpful messaging from well-meaning loved ones about weight loss or weight gain, exercise, and eating, or seeing triggering images and advertisements when out in the world.
You will have peace of mind knowing that we are all here for you and will not add any pressure or stress to your healing process. In fact, we will hardly speak about food or bulimia at all. Our focus is on eliminating the underlying trauma and stress you are facing every day and building you back up from the core of your being so that you can enjoy all aspects of your life.
- Through Stimulus Belief Response therapy, you will look at how you respond to negative external stimuli in your life on a neural response level (how it makes your body feel), as a form of trauma therapy.
- Through our mission therapy, you will aim to find, and work toward your life’s purpose, and we will help you redefine your self-narrative, turning your self-talk positive.
- Nature immersion and experiential therapy is a variety of hands-on activities that can help teach you to deal with your emotions and stress in a fun and practical way, as you allow the power of nature to help you ground yourself and heal.
- We use the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), which is also known as “neural tapping”, a therapy that relieves stress, anxiety, and depression through a holistic, multidisciplinary approach involving tapping acupressure points.
- We use person-centered therapy, treating you as a whole person, not just your addiction, and our trauma-informed therapy acknowledges the many ways that underlying traumas may be affecting you and works in ways that will not re-traumatize you.
- We employ traditional Hawaiian Therapies (Ho-oponopono), ceremonial practices that will help you let go of your past and embrace your own personal growth.
During your time in residential treatment at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab, we will help you question your own beliefs and fears and recognize which of them are useful to you and which are unhelpful, and you will learn to deal with unhelpful messaging from external sources confidently, from a place of strength within yourself. We will help you heal your body and mind, as you rejuvenate your spirit.
Top Notch Medical Care at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab – Maui
At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab center, we are licensed to treat eating disorders, and our diet, nutrition, and wellness programs are renowned for their effectiveness. Some examples of the excellent medical care you will receive in our bulimia treatment program include:
- Top-tier medical staff who can help you deal with the physical consequences of binging and purging
- An on-staff nutritionist who can create customized diet plans including vitamins and supplementation, and answer any question you may have about food and nutrition, so you gain a better understanding of yourself and your body
- We offer dual diagnosis programs to help treat the mental health issues that co-exist with the physical aspects of eating disorders, such as PTSD, anxiety, OCD, bipolar disorder, depression, and other issues, which is the key to getting to the root of your bulimia
- Exercise and physical wellness programs are part of each of our patients’ treatments, which can improve not only physical health but also mental wellness and self-confidence. These may include activities like yoga and Pilates, hiking or walking the grounds of our center, and exercise routines you can continue at home once you have completed your time with us.
- Holistic therapies may include treatments like guided meditation, tai chi, acupuncture, massage therapy, and experiential therapy, to decrease stress and pain in the body, while increasing self-esteem. These treatments can help with anxiety and sleep issues you may be having and restore balance to the body.
We will keep you safe and ensure you remain well while under our care. Our staff is highly trained and professional, and our treatments will be tailored to best suit your individual health and wellness needs, so you can heal and recover, utilizing every day with us to its full potential.
Symptoms of Bulimia
Some of the most common symptoms of bulimia include:
- Frequent instances in which you eat a large amount of food at one time, without being able to control the amount you are eating
- Continuing behaviors that are done to prevent weight gain after overeating, like vomiting, using laxatives, herbal supplements, diuretics, or enemas to get rid of the calories you consumed
- Fasting, counting calories, restricting calories, spending hours a day exercising, and avoiding certain foods before and after binges
- Living in fear of gaining weight, feeling preoccupied with being “fat” or obsessing about your body shape, having a negative, distorted view of yourself
- Feeling guilt when it comes to eating or gaining weight
- Eating in secret or eating at night, not wanting others to see you eat, being unable to eat in public
- Showing physical symptoms of purging like calluses or sores on your hands/knuckles, damaged teeth, and gums, swelling in hands/feet/face, weight fluctuations
Experience True Healing
Our deeply-caring staff and the surrounding natural beauty offer an unparalleled healing experience.
How We Address Underlying Issues of Bulimia and Eating Disorders
Bulimia and other eating disorders are unusual relationships with food and body image that come from unexamined underlying issues, such as beliefs about body shape and weight that cause a negative body image, childhood trauma, mental health issues, and response to societal pressures. Some ways we help address these issues include:
- Addressing anxiety and underlying trauma and mental health issues through therapy and counseling, along with retraining your mind and the nervous system, provides healthy coping mechanisms you can use for the rest of your life.
- Reprogramming thinking – this involves reconditioning the way you think, responding to societal pressure, and reframing your life so you are not living in performance for other people. We will help bring relief from guilt and fear, so you can discover what you like about yourself and live a balanced, healthier life.
- Promoting healthy relationships with food and exercise, so that you can take back control of your bodily health with confidence.
At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab center, we will never make you feel like there is something “wrong” with you, and we will not shame you or make you feel guilty. Rather, we will help you change the way you think about things like food, weight, your body shape, and your past traumas through evidence-based and holistic treatment methods so that you can gain a new mindset that will serve you for the rest of your life.
Bulimia Treatment Methods
At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab center, we will collaborate with you to create a treatment plan that will best help you address your underlying stress, pain, and trauma, as well as your physical health, so you can rebuild your self-esteem and worldview in a positive, constructive way.
Some of the unique therapies we offer at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab include:
- Naturopathic treatments, with dietary and vitamin supplements to help your body regain its natural balance
- Flexibility in our scheduling for our executive clients, so they can take business calls or attend virtual meetings
- Massage therapy and acupuncture to promote relaxation and to help the body release toxins
- Experiential therapies that may include art and music therapy, animal-assisted therapy (dolphin therapy or equine therapy), snorkeling at the beach, or volcano hikes that will help you develop insight into your own inner thoughts and experience
- Lecture-free treatment
- Nature immersion therapy so you can ground yourself by taking in the natural rhythm of the world around you. The combination of natural sunlight, physical activity, and fresh air will increase your overall feelings of well-being
- Journaling, or literary therapy to help you achieve personal growth, and art therapy to promote self-expression and self-awareness
These types of alternative therapies are used in conjunction with traditional, evidence-based methods creating a well-rounded experience for our clients. The purpose of including experiential therapies is to help those who may have difficulty working with others in traditional one-on-one and group therapy scenarios, as they provide alternate methods of interaction.
Discreet Residential Bulimia Rehab Center – Maui
Our luxury rehab center is a discreet place where anybody, regardless of social status or notoriety, can come and be ensured privacy and peace, in a healing and safe environment. Our grounds are “paparazzi proof”, with a walled exterior, the facility cannot be seen from the road, and recording devices, cell phones, or cameras are not allowed in any public areas of the center. There are only eight patients onsite at one time, and it is very likely that each of them has the same privacy and discretion concerns as you.
Exclusive and Secure Residential Bulimia Treatment – Maui
Our staff is trained in high-level confidentiality and have each been hand-selected to ensure their utmost discretion during your stay. Our facility has 24-hour security guards and cameras, and we strive to provide a safe place where celebrities, high-net-worth individuals, and executives can feel safe enough to truly let go and find a place to heal.
Although we are a rehab facility first, you will not lack comfort, with our comfortable, luxurious accommodations, our gourmet chefs, and the incredible Hawaiian scenery. We are one of only three licensed addiction treatment centers in all of Hawaii. Our treatment center is high-end, with luxury amenities in a world-class location that will promote relaxation in a home-like environment as you meet with top-tier medical providers, therapists, and holistic practitioners.
We infuse each treatment program with a variety of holistic healing methods to treat not only the body but also your mind and your spirit, in a whole-patient approach to healing, with the goal of empowering you in your own recovery.
We aim to find underlying causes of your bulimia, rather than focusing on the disorder itself. We do not take measures like locking bathrooms or forcing you to eat, nor do we limit food intake, because we believe that it is the anxiety, trauma, self-esteem, and responses to external influences that are causing the behavior.
At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab, we will help you access your innermost self so you can make the deep-down core changes that will help you see the world and yourself in a new light, and you will gain the recovery tools you will need once your time in rehab is over. If you are ready to make a change and find a more well-balanced and centered version of yourself who does not need to rely on self-destructive habits, contact us today.
Experience True Healing
Our deeply-caring staff and the surrounding natural beauty offer an unparalleled healing experience.