Experience True Healing Luxury, Non-12 Step, Holistic Treatment
Our private grounds, luxury setting, and holistic approach to treatment help you to relax, rediscover your authentic self and heal the root causes of addiction.
- Individualized Treatment
- Private, 8-Bed Residential Program
- Safe, Medically-Supervised Detox
- Located on the Beautiful Big Island of Hawaii
- Insurance Accepted
Real deep level effectiveness, excellent caring staff, unique and life changing program. This program is different than anything else out there. It really helped us address the deepest underlying issues to make permanent changes in our lives.
We researched many treatment centers and thanks to you, I’m so glad that we selected Exclusive Hawaii Rehab for my wife’s alcohol addiction. The 30 days at your facility for her was incredible!
She absolutely loved the staff and the facility. They really took good care of her. I was apprehensive when she first went there but talking with her and hearing how good she was being treated and sounded gave me relief.
She has now been alcohol free for two months ~ 30 days at the center and 30 days back home. She is doing incredibly well. She’s back to being her normal, happy, positive self again.
Thank you Exclusive Hawaii Rehab!
The Exclusive excels at customized experiential therapeutic work, which focuses on the underlying issues of the substance abuse. The center is like a loving family; all the staff care deeply about their work.
Beautiful, serene property and cozy home. Every meal is made to order, with love and is so amazing. The staff are the most committed, loving, kind, people who are doing what they were born for.
These folks are the best in their field, and the facilities are incredible.
Tour The Luxurious Grounds
We believe that immersion in nature can be a spiritual and transformative experience. Connect with the abundance of nature found in Hawaii. There may be other options for a ‘holistic rehab near me’ that appear during your search. None can offer the elegance and client-centered programs of Exclusive Hawaii Rehab and its holistic by the sea rehab setting.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab
- Mental Health & Addiction Treatment Program
- What is Dual Diagnosis Treatment
- Treating Mental Health Issues in Tandem With Addiction
- How Exclusive Hawaii Rehab Helps Our Patients
- What Makes Us Different
- Luxury and Discreet Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center for HNW Individuals
Dual Diagnosis Treatment at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab
We believe that Exclusive Hawaii Rehab is the best dual diagnosis treatment center because we view addiction from a holistic perspective. We know that unresolved trauma, anxiety, depression, and other mental health conditions go hand-in-hand with addiction. They are intertwined and are often connected to the same underlying causes. We can help you with self-regulation, learning to effectively address all dual diagnosis issues while overcoming life’s obstacles.
It used to be the case that mental health disorders were treated separately from addiction, but these co-occurring conditions affect one another deeply and can trigger a relapse or worsening mental health if not treated together, at the same time, in the same place using a customized, holistic treatment plan.
When a person has undiagnosed psychiatric conditions, they may try to self-medicate using drugs or alcohol to cope with their symptoms. For example, a socially anxious person may drink when at parties to relax, or somebody with depression may use a stimulant to feel more energetic.
The problem is that, on top of becoming physically dependent on the substance, the person experiencing mental illness will end up making their symptoms worse and will prevent themselves from developing healthy coping methods. They will not be able to connect with people or develop satisfying relationships and will have a hard time being comfortable with who they are. These issues then trigger lower feelings of self-worth and cause more drug use. Some drugs can also interfere with psychiatric medications and can exacerbate existing conditions or trigger psychosis in some users.
By treating the root of both addiction and mental illness at the same time through a tailored, holistic treatment regimen, we will ensure all our patients with dual diagnosis end this self-destructive cycle of addiction and get their mental health under control, so they can move on with their life once and for all.
Mental Health & Addiction Treatment Program
Many people, when entering a professional detox and rehabilitation program for addiction, will find out through psychological testing during intake that they have an undiagnosed mental health condition that has been hidden by substance use or other behaviors, making it difficult to spot by doctors.
People prone to mental illness may include:
- People with a family history of mental illness, especially first-degree family members (parents, siblings)
- People with volatile family relationships
- People who were exposed to loss, stress, and fear during crucial development stages
- People with a history of trauma, overexposure to stress, and other mental illnesses can increase the risk of developing anxiety
- Substance abuse can also cause neurological damage and body chemistry changes that can trigger or intensify mental illnesses
Some common signs of mental illness include:
- Sleeping problems like insomnia, frequent nightmares, or sleeping too much
- Decline in satisfaction with life, or a decline in relationship satisfaction
- Irritability or problems with anger management
- Unexplained euphoria
- Poor performance at work or school
- Depression, feeling down or low mood
- Unbased anxiety, dread, and fear
- Social isolation, withdrawal from society
- Hypervigilance or paranoia
- Irrational thoughts or hallucinations
- Sudden shifts in personality or uncharacteristic attitudes
- Shaky hands or sweaty palms
- Vomiting or nausea
- Shortness of breath, chest pain, dizziness, irregular heartbeat
- Suicidal ideation
Some common signs and symptoms of drug and alcohol addiction include:
- Having an increased tolerance to the substance, and needing to use more to get the same effect
- Withdrawal symptoms and strong cravings when you do not have access to the substance
- Doing things you normally would not do like sex work, lying stealing, financial exploitation, or emotional exploitation of others
- Keeping stashes of the substance at home, at work, or on your person
- Changes in social activity and friends, with a preoccupation with planning for, using and recovering from the substance
- Extreme mood changes, changes in sleep habits, weight loss or weight gain, and changes in energy levels
- Missing or performing poorly at work and other responsibilities because of substance use
- Legal troubles because of drugs or alcohol
- Continuing to use the substance even when it causes financial, relationship, and work problems
The combination of mental illness and substance abuse becomes a cycle that needs to be ended. At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab, we recognize that everybody is a unique individual with their own life story and issues they will need to address to fully be able to heal from the root of their addiction. Dual diagnosis can help you address the underlying anxiety, depression, mental illness, or trauma that is holding you back. Let us help you today.
What is Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Dual diagnosis treatment is a program that treats both addiction and co-occurring mental health conditions and trauma at the same time, in the same place, with the treatment given by the same team of professionals.
Co-occurring conditions are a common occurrence because:
- People with substance use issues may develop or exacerbate pre-existing mental health conditions
- Drugs and alcohol can trigger latent mental illness in the brain
- People with dual diagnosis may have a genetic predisposition to both mental illness and addiction
- People with mental health issues may turn to drugs or alcohol to escape their symptoms or try to change how they feel by self-medicating
Without dual diagnosis treatment, a person who receives treatment for addiction alone may seem to have a sudden mental health crisis. The truth is their mental health condition was likely always present but was hidden. It can be difficult to diagnose people who have both conditions because symptoms of substance abuse can sometimes disguise mental illness and vice versa.
It is important to treat dual-diagnosis patients because the combination of addiction and mental illness can lead to issues like:
- Poor quality of relationships
- Job loss
- Poor health
- Brain damage
- Higher risk of suicide
The best part of a dual diagnosis treatment is that the root of addiction and the root of mental illness are often the same issue(s), or are very closely related, and can be addressed successfully through an integrated, customized treatment program that includes different forms of therapy, physical and nutritional care, clinical care, and may involve psychiatric medication depending on the diagnosis.
Combined with a healthy, sober community, diet and exercise counseling, and a good sleep schedule, your body health will improve and your brain will re-learn to produce endorphins on its own.
Treating dual diagnosis in a holistic manner that addresses the whole person helps patients take charge of their health and wellness and feel better in body, mind, and soul. Treating dual diagnosis treatments may not be easy, but it is worth it to get help for all of your issues at one time, bettering your chances of long-term recovery from addiction, and living a full, honest life free from the emotional pain and trauma of those underlying issues.
Treating Mental Health Issues in Tandem With Addiction
Dual diagnosis is a type of treatment plan that combines help for addiction with medical and psychological help for other co-occurring mental health conditions. Mental health issues that are most often found alongside substance use disorders include:
- Depression – people with depression may turn to drugs to feel artificial joy or pleasure, or they may try and “drown their sorrows” in alcohol, experiencing worsening depression when the effects of the substance wear off, resulting in a cycle of substance use to avoid bad feelings, ultimately creating a dependency
- Anxiety – many people drink or use drugs to avoid feelings of anxiety in social situations or at work, but dependency on the substances grows stronger, increasing over time, creating a physical dependency while making the underlying anxiety worse
- Bipolar Disorder – The brain chemicals are imbalanced when a person has bipolar disorder, which can cause extreme highs and lows in their moods, which people try and manage using drugs. These substances will end up causing an even more pronounced imbalance over time, along with irregular brain activity, worsening symptoms
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – People will use alcohol, prescription medications or illicit drugs to avoid debilitating feelings, intrusive thoughts, flashbacks, and hyper-vigilance, which can quickly lead to a physical and psychological dependence on drugs to get through the day
- Grief and Loss – people experiencing a loss will try to escape negative feelings and sadness through the use of drugs and alcohol. These substances will not remove the feelings but will cause a physical addiction if used for a long period of time or in large amounts. Feelings of hopelessness and unworthiness can come with drug abuse, which can create a risk of depression, self-harm or other negative effects
- Anger Issues – Drugs and alcohol lower inhibitions in people, which can exacerbate any psychological predetermination towards anger, violence, and other abusive behavior, and make it harder to determine the appropriate actions. Substances are also used to mask underlying issues including past trauma and emotional pain which may be coming out as anger
The most commonly abused drugs in dual diagnosis situations include:
- Cocaine or crack cocaine
How Exclusive Hawaii Rehab Helps Our Patients
At Exclusive Hawaii Rehab, we provide a holistic addiction treatment program that works especially well for dual diagnosis patients. We will help you detox and rehabilitate from the physical parts of addiction, but it is the therapy, counseling, and other treatments we offer that will set you up for success long-term. Holistic treatment is about the broader scope of treatments and does not only focus on the physical symptoms of addiction. The goal is to treat the whole person, mentally, physically, and spiritually.
We will get to the root of your issue by helping you find your underlying core values, beliefs, and responses, and then asking you to question them and decide logically if they make sense to you and whether they are currently serving you in a positive way.
Our treatment programs can create lifelong change for you by shifting your beliefs and teaching you to be mindful and learn to self-regulate without the use of drugs or alcohol. You will learn to connect with your emotions and listen to your body.
Some of the holistic treatments we provide at Exclusive Hawaii Rehab include:
- Whole food, nutrition and wellness counseling, and supplements. Our onsite doctor is a naturopathic doctor, who can do bloodwork to find nutritional deficiencies and then provide supplements and nutritional advice that will help you find balance in your brain chemistry and your body, making you feel better overall.
- Exercise programs. Exercise is an important way to stay healthy as it is good for your heart, releases tension, and improves sleep and mental clarity. We provide yoga, fitness, and exercise classes as part of your program and take walks and go on adventure excursions to get your blood pumping.
- Peace and quiet. We provide an incredible amount of privacy, with quiet spaces, ocean views, and 52 acres of land to explore away from the crowds and the hustle and bustle of life.
- Bodywork and other treatments – everybody’s treatment plans are customized at the start of your program including a bodywork session once a week that has massage therapy, structural integration, craniosacral therapy, and Reiki by request. We also have therapeutic acupuncture to help you release stress from your body.
- All natural products. From the food we feed you to the body care products in your shower, we provide only the best, all-natural, non-GMO, and locally-sourced products.
We will help you to engage your intelligence and truly work on yourself by challenging what you know to be true. You will examine your deeply held beliefs and get to the underlying “why” of your addiction and mental illness issues. Some of the methodologies we use include:
- Stimulus Belief Response – you will take a close look at your beliefs, those underlying judgments, and thoughts that we all have that determine how you act and react to situations. We will examine them closely, and you will decide whether or not they truly match up to what you think they should, and whether you want to change them. You will gain a better understanding of yourself and who you are underneath it all, learning to rid yourself of self-destructive beliefs and living from your true essence.
- Mindful Self-Inquiry – we will work with you to challenge what you believe to be true, but not by giving advice. Rather we have you question your own thoughts and behaviors, your motivations, and whether they are serving your best interests in who you want to be as a person.
- Experiential Therapy – this is a treatment that helps you practice what you have learned about. This therapy is based on the concept that you cannot learn to ride a bike without getting on it. We will take the methods taught to you to reduce stress, triggers and anxiety, and then try them out so your mind and body can create a neural connection that will make it easier when you come across similar situations in the real world after you leave our facility.
- Emotional Acceptance – rather than bottling up emotion and hiding your true feelings, we will work on a non-judgmental view of emotions, in which they are neither “good” nor “bad”, and it is fine to feel them flow through you as they come, as your body’s way of communicating something to you
- Self Expression – the act of addressing and acknowledging situations as they are, rather than applying your values and beliefs to them
When dealing with mental illness, we will help you learn self-regulation and work through trauma and negative emotions through treatments like:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) – an approach to treat unresolved trauma including PTSD, panic, and anxiety treatment by reconnecting you with the images, thoughts, and sensations connected to an incident or problem, using dual awareness techniques
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) aka Neural Tapping – this is a type of treatment to help manage stress, in which you tap specific acupressure points on the body in a rhythmic pattern to disrupt the amygdala’s fight or flight response and redirect that energy into positive coping mechanisms
- One-on-one therapy and group counseling sessions – through talking and listening you will work through negative feelings with professional guidance, learning how to handle stress, gain new coping techniques and improve your overall quality of life as you work to find the root of your issues
- Nature Immersion – adventure outings like visits to botanical gardens, dolphin or surfing therapy, snorkeling and swimming at the beach or hiking a volcano, or simply spending time walking our beautiful grounds will help you become calmer and grounded, and give you a chance to reconnect with the earth and put your own life into perspective.
These treatments will help you get control of your mental health, reconfigure the way you see yourself and the world, and help you to become the person you want to be in life. Through good food, supplements, and physical activity you will strengthen your body, and we will help you to reconnect with your inner self.
When you have a dual diagnosis, you may be prescribed psychiatric medications by our medical professionals. These are given with consideration to your well-being and will not interfere with the rest of your wellness treatments.
We will ask you to engage your intelligence and open yourself up to treatments as we guide you through therapy and techniques that will have you looking into your past, your fears and your psyche, evaluating what you believe and why, and then using your best judgment to decide what is important to you and what you can let go of. Our comprehensive treatment programs are life-changing, and we will help you to move past your addiction as you get control over your own mental health and overall wellness.
What Makes Us Different
In the Exclusive Hawaii Rehab dual diagnosis program, we begin by creating an individualized treatment program that is customized to your needs, goals, and preferences, based on an in-depth knowledge of your personal and medical history that you will provide before admittance.
We will ensure your treatments will directly assist with getting to the underlying issues contributing to your addiction, while at the same time, treating your mental health with care and compassion. The unique combination of holistic treatments, psychological therapy, education, clinical support, life skills training, family therapy, and spiritual care will ensure you will be comfortable, safe, and every day with us will be well worth your time as you heal your body, mind, and spirit for a long-lasting recovery.
Luxury and Discreet Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center for HNW Individuals
When choosing a rehab center for dual diagnosis treatment, you will want to ensure the environment suits you, and that you will feel comfortable working towards your goals, putting yourself in a vulnerable position and opening up to new types of treatments and thinking in that place.
In Exclusive Hawaii Rehab’s luxury rehab setting, you will receive a personalized treatment plan that will fit you and ensure your needs are met by extremely high-quality medical, therapeutic, and holistic practitioners. Our services are discreet, and our location is private and secure, so our high net worth, executive, and celebrity clients will not need to worry about paparazzi or other intrusions. Our staff is trained in confidentiality, and your fellow guests will be as well-versed in the importance of privacy as you are.
You will have all the comforts of home as you detox, rehabilitate and get further treatment for your co-occurring conditions. Our four gourmet chefs will ensure you are eating delicious meals to your specifications, made with locally sourced, organic ingredients. The rooms are shared or private and come with a canopy bed and a writing desk, as well as a private lanai.
Our executive guests will have plenty of space and quiet time to conduct business, and we can move your treatments around to best suit your work schedule if need be. There are also public living areas to relax in and get to know fellow guests if you wish.
Our holistic practitioners, onsite medical workers, and therapists have extensive training in their fields, and the high staff-to-patient ratio of 30 staff to a maximum of eight guests at one time will ensure that your customized treatment is flexible and will change with you as your needs evolve during your time with us.
Your time with us will be spent working on yourself deeply, getting into the underlying causes of your co-occurring conditions as you heal your body and get strong and healthy again. We will provide you with coping tools that will serve you for a lifetime, and after your treatment is over we can offer up to six months of aftercare treatment. For more information about dual diagnosis treatment or luxury rehab centers in Hawaii, call us today.